Delivering Healthy Homes: Placemaking with Neil Murphy
Tuesday 16th June, 11:00-12:00, Online (Zoom)
A series of hour-long online tutorials with interactive Q&A on how to deliver healthy homes, hosted by the Good Homes Alliance with guest industry experts.
- Community led co-housing developments for improved physical and mental wellbeing
- Healthy neighbourhood design – Car-free streets, shared gardens, communal spaces and more
- Intelligent use of green infrastructure for play, relaxation, ecological enhancement and rainwater management
Speaker: Neil Murphy, Founding Director, TOWN
Biography: Neil is a Founding Director of TOWN, an award-winning development company, responsible for the Marmalade Lane co-housing scheme in Cambridge.
With a career history taking in central government policymaking, city and regional planning, and urban regeneration and growth at many scales, Neil has a wide perspective on urbanism and development. He is particularly interested in how planning and design influences social and economic outcomes, and a strong believer in widening public understanding of the built environment.
Neil holds an honours degree in politics, philosophy and economics from the University of Oxford. He is a Visiting Fellow within the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape at Newcastle University, an academician of the Academy of Urbanism and a Fellow of the RSA.
Individual tutorial costs:
– GHA members – £10 (+ VAT)
– Members of partner organisations* – £15 (+ VAT)
– General admittance – £20 (+ VAT)
*Partner organisations include: AECB, Building Performance Network, Passivhaus Trust, STBA, TCPA, The Green Register, The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products, UKIEG, Woodknowledge Wales.
How to book
For individual tutorial bookings: Click ‘BOOK NOW’ below, choose your tutorial and click ‘Tickets’, choose your ticket type and quantity, then click ‘Checkout’.