For Local Authorities
About the Network
Following a successful two-year Vanguard Campaign, the Good Homes Alliance has formed a new Local Authority Vanguard membership network. One of the main aims of the network is to share resources and conduct further research to facilitate local authorities (LAs) and LAs with new housing delivery arms in adopting enhanced sustainability, quality, health and performance standards for new housing developments.
A number of significant events have further bolstered the need for this research and resource, most importantly the 2018 IPCC Climate Change report, proposed UK Government targets for zero carbon and ‘Future Homes’ standards and over 250 local authorities having declared climate and/or ecological emergencies
- Quarterly network members’ meetings to share learning and best practice
- Knowledge sharing and learning opportunities from exemplar case studies and topical events, workshops and training
- New guidance/research and further development of a library of resources on the GHA Knowledge Base
- Regular press and PR, highlighting achievements of the network and its members
- Network progress reports including barriers, key findings and success stories
- Advocacy and representation of the network to Government and industry bodies such as the Future Homes Hub
- Participation in new Build Net Zero Now working groups, helping to deliver targeted outputs to accelerate the delivery of net zero housing
- Facilitated partnerships and collaborations between members of GHA’s specialist networks (LA Vanguard, HA Pathfinder, Net Zero Developer) and wider membership which includes architects, consultants, product manufacturers, academia and more
Case studies and exemplar site visits
A series of exemplar case studies and a programme of site visits to share learning and best practice.
Resource library/ knowledge base
A virtual library of best practice resources and examples to aid the development of sustainable housing policy and projects.
New research and guidance
Member-led research and new guidance development including building performance evaluation studies.
Meetings and workshops
Vanguard network members’ only meetings plus free or discounted tickets to our core events and conferences
Local authority membership
Share best practice and learning with your peers by joining our local authority Vanguard network. Open to local authorities and LA housing delivery arms.
Vanguard Network member – £1,100
Fee is for 1 year membership and exclusive of VAT.
Help support the development of the network and interact with local authorities at the forefront of sustainable development by becoming a network supporter, sponsor or partner.
Network supporter – £2,500
Network sponsor – £5,000
Network partner – £10,000
All fees are for 1 year sponsorship and exclusive of VAT.
Before launching the Vanguard Network, we led a two-year Vanguard Campaign in order to encourage and support local authorities and developers to adopt enhanced sustainability standards for new homes and to help them respond to Climate Emergency declarations.
During the campaign we ran a series of regional events across the country (Cambridge, Leeds, Exeter, London, Cardiff) to over 200 public and private-sector developers.
Header image credit: Gale and Snowden