Delivering Healthy Homes: Overheating with Julie Godefroy
Tuesday 2nd June, 11:00-12:00, Online (Zoom)
A series of hour-long online tutorials with interactive Q&A on how to deliver healthy homes, hosted by the Good Homes Alliance with guest industry experts.
- An introduction to the GHA Overheating in New Homes tool and guidance document. A free-to-use tool to help planners and design teams identify and mitigate overheating risks in new homes at an early stage. Julie co-authored the tool with Susie Diamond, Inkling
- Key factors contributing to overheating risk – solar gains, inadequate ventilation, acoustics ricks, Urban Heat Island Effect and more
- Overheating mitigation measures – Blue/green infrastructure, shading, thermal mass, night purge ventilation and more
Speaker: Julie Godefroy, Sustainability Consultant
Biography: Julie is a sustainability consultant and CIBSE’s Technical Manager. She is a chartered engineer.
She has been involved in projects from early masterplanning stages through to post-occupancy evaluation, as well as policy work. She has worked in most sectors, with a particular interest in housing and heritage buildings. Her work focuses on low and zero carbon strategies , as well as health and wellbeing.
She is on the advisory group for UCL’s MSc Health, Wellbeing and Sustainable Buildings, a member of the Edge, and sustainability adviser for the National Trust’s Historic Environment Group.
Individual tutorial costs:
– GHA members – £10 (+ VAT)
– Members of partner organisations* – £15 (+ VAT)
– General admittance – £20 (+ VAT)
Block booking – 4 tutorials (discounted):
– GHA members – £30 (+ VAT)
– Members of partner organisations* – £45 (+ VAT)
– General admittance – £60 (+ VAT)
*Partner organisations include: AECB, Building Performance Network, Passivhaus Trust, STBA, The Green Register, The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products, UKIEG, Woodknowledge Wales.
How to book
For individual tutorial bookings: Click ‘BOOK NOW’ below, choose your tutorial and click ‘Tickets’, choose your ticket type and quantity, then click ‘Checkout’.
For block bookings: Click ‘BOOK NOW’ below, click ‘Tickets’ for any of the tutorial dates, choose one of the ‘4 tutorials’ ticket types and quantity, then click ‘Checkout’.