Delivering Healthy Homes: Indoor Air Quality & Ventilation with Tim Sharpe
Tuesday 30th June, 11:00-12:00, Online (Zoom)
A series of hour-long online tutorials with interactive Q&A on how to deliver healthy homes, hosted by the Good Homes Alliance with guest industry experts.
- Ventilation and Health: What are the challenges?
- Studies into ventilation systems in homes, including natural, dMEV and MVHR
Speaker: Tim Sharpe, Head of Architecture, University of Strathclyde
Previously, Tim Sharpe was Professor of Environmental Architecture, Head of Architectural Technology, Senior Researcher at the MSA and Director of the Mackintosh Environmental Architecture Research Unit (MEARU).
- He was the project lead on a study into the ‘Influence of ventilation design on the prevalence of anti-microbial bacteria in homes‘.
- Specialist committee member on the Indoor Air Quality at Home Quality Standards Advisory Committee.
- Topic Expert for the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Public Health Advisory Committee on Indoor Air Quality.
- Member of the British Standards Institute (BSi) retrofit working group – Air Tightness and Ventilation.
- Project lead for a study into the ‘Health effects of modern airtight construction‘.
- Project lead for a study into the ‘Ability of decentralised mechanical ventilation to act as ‘whole-house’ ventilation systems in new-build dwellings‘.
- He is currently a member of the SAGE sub-group on Environment and Modelling.
Individual tutorial costs:
– GHA members – £10 (+ VAT)
– Members of partner organisations* – £15 (+ VAT)
– General admittance – £20 (+ VAT)
*Partner organisations include: AECB, Building Performance Network, Passivhaus Trust, STBA, TCPA, The Green Register, The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products, UKIEG, Woodknowledge Wales.
How to book
For individual tutorial bookings: Click ‘BOOK NOW’ below, choose your tutorial and click ‘Tickets’, choose your ticket type and quantity, then click ‘Checkout’.