Delivering Healthy Homes: Acoustics with Jack Harvie-Clark
Tuesday 9th June, 11:00-12:00, Online (Zoom)
A series of hour-long online tutorials with interactive Q&A on how to deliver healthy homes, hosted by the Good Homes Alliance with guest industry experts.
- Current industry problems from the silo approach to design for Internal Environmental Quality
- A new holistic approach - the Acoustics, Ventilation, Overheating: Residential Design Guide
- How the AVO Guide assists clients, planning authorities & designers
- Passive design solutions for noisy environments
- Risks of noise from domestic mechanical ventilation systems
Speaker: Jack Harvie-Clark, Managing Director, Apex Acoustics
Biography: Jack Harvie-Clark is the founder of Apex Acoustics, the immediate past-Chair of the Association of Noise Consultants (ANC) and a Board member of the Air Tightness Testing & Measurement Association (ATTMA). Apex is a multi-award-winning consultancy providing design advice and testing in acoustics & air tightness from our offices in the North East, Midlands and London.
Jack has a strong interest in the interdependence of acoustics, ventilation & thermal comfort; he instigated and is a major author of the recently published Acoustics, Ventilation & Overheating Guide. He produced and edited “Acoustics of Schools: A design guide”, and the ANC Guide for Measurement of Sound in Buildings for the ANC, amongst others.
With a background in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, Jack worked on steam turbine blade development for Rolls Royce, undertook research into a novel thermal composite at Newcastle University and helped establish a renewable energy visitor centre before finding acoustics.
Individual tutorial costs:
- GHA members - £10 (+ VAT)
- Members of partner organisations* - £15 (+ VAT)
- General admittance - £20 (+ VAT)
Block booking - 4 tutorials (discounted):
- GHA members - £30 (+ VAT)
- Members of partner organisations* - £45 (+ VAT)
- General admittance - £60 (+ VAT)
*Partner organisations include: AECB, Building Performance Network, Passivhaus Trust, STBA, The Green Register, The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products, UKIEG, Woodknowledge Wales.
How to book
For individual tutorial bookings: Click 'BOOK NOW' below, choose your tutorial and click 'Tickets', choose your ticket type and quantity, then click 'Checkout'.
For block bookings: Click 'BOOK NOW' below, click 'Tickets' for any of the tutorial dates, choose one of the '4 tutorials' ticket types and quantity, then click 'Checkout'.