The shortlist for the 2021 Housing Design Awards has been announced, with several GHA member’s projects in the runnings for an esteemed award.
We take a look at one example from each of the GHA members shortlisted entries:
- Architect: JTP
- Project Name: Channels
- Location: Chelmsford, UK
- Client: Chelmsford Land and Ptarmigan Land
- Stage: On-site
- Schedule of Accommodation: Mix of 1 & 2-bed apartments and 2 – 5 bedroom houses
- Tenure Mix: 38% affordable, 62% private
- Link: https://www.jtp.co.uk/projects/channels
- Architect: Bell Phillips
- Project Name: Orwell House
- Location: Tower Hamlets, London, UK
- Client: London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Stage: Completed
- Schedule of Accommodation: 5x 1-bedroom, 9x 2 bedroom, 6x 3-bedroom flats
- Tenure mix: 100% Affordable
- Link: https://www.bellphillips.com/project/tower-hamlets-housing/
- Architect: Pollard Thomas Edwards
- Project Name: Motion
- Location: Waltham Forest, London, UK
- Client: Hill and Peabody
- Stage: Completed
- Schedule of Accommodation: Mix of studio and 1-4 bed apartments
- Tenure Mix: 8% intermediate, 13% affordable, 79% private
- Link: https://pollardthomasedwards.co.uk/projects/index/motion/
The GHA has once again supported the awards, and our chair, Lynne Sullivan OBE, is one of a select group of world-class judges, made up of industry experts, government officials and enthusiasts.
To coincide with our current Build Net Zero NOW campaign, the GHA encouraged entries that were net zero, or at the design or construction stage aiming for net zero. We encouraged applicants to submit evidence or methodology that would achieve net zero. This could take the form of recognised standards or BPE data, amongst other things.
Congratulations to the shortlisted GHA members: JTP, Bell Phillips and Pollard Thomas Edwards.
For more information on the awards and the shortlisted entries, visit the Housing Design Awards website.