At this webinar, hosted by Futurebuild, Good Homes Alliance Chair Lynne Sullivan will be joining a panel of experts on topic of the moment, overheating.
The unprecedented temperatures experienced in the UK is a clear reminder of significant changes underway in the global climate. It also exposed weaknesses in our urban environments and exacerbated existing issues with the overheating of existing buildings including millions of our homes. Turning to technology such as air conditioning is not a solution as it may apparently solve one problem but, of course, sets up another with even more carbon emissions and even greater increases in temperature. Our only option to mitigate overheating is to change what we have to make more habitable environments. Carefully considered retrofitting of existing dwellings will reduce energy use, improve ventilation, improve building fabric performance and consider orientation and improvements to shading.
This webinar sets out how to deliver those changes
- Chair: Victoria Ramsey, Urban Climate Services Team, Met Office
- A National Retrofit Plan – Lynne Sullivan OBE, Chair, Good Homes Alliance and member of the Green Construction Board
- Passive responses without the tech – Jon Bootland, Chief Executive, Passivhaus Trust
- People Powered Retrofit – encouraging demand – Sandy Rushton, Training Manager, People Powered Retrofit
- Having a retrofit competent workforce – Arnout Andrews, Head of Social Housing and Local Government, The Retrofit Academy CIC
- Date: Thursday 4th August
- Time: 12:00-13:15
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free