Tutorial #2 – Delivering Net Zero Homes: Costing
The second in a series of hour-long online tutorials with interactive Q&A on how to deliver net zero homes, hosted by the Good Homes Alliance with guest industry experts.
– Achieving net zero – The business case
– Costing fabric efficiency, services and on-site renewables
– Whole life assessment – Construction, maintenance, end-of-life and more
Speaker: Tassos Kougionis, Associate Director, Currie & Brown
Biography: Tassos Kougionis, Associate Director at Currie & Brown. His background is in Civil Engineering with a strong focus on environmental engineering and the sustainable design of buildings (MEng, MSc). At Currie & Brown Tassos is responsible for several public and private sector construction and infrastructure projects looking into energy and carbon strategies, sustainability, life cycle costing, risk management and the application of advanced construction standards to net zero carbon developments. Previously Tassos worked as a Principal Consultant at BSRIA where he was responsible for offering strategic consultancy services to the residential sector. Tassos also worked as the Technical Manager of the Zero Carbon Hub. He has authored and co-authored a number of reports and publications dealing with zero carbon policy development, buildings’ performance data analysis and construction good practice guides.
Individual tutorial costs:
- GHA members – £10 (+ VAT)
- Members of partner organisations* – £15 (+ VAT)
- General admittance – £20 (+ VAT)
Final 2 tutorials block booking (discounted)
- GHA members – £16.50 (+ VAT)
- Members of partner organisations* – £24(+ VAT)
- General admittance – £30 (+ VAT)
Booking: This event has now passed.
*Partner organisations include: AECB, Building Performance Network, Passivhaus Trust, STBA, The Green Register, The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products, Woodknowledge Wales.
Date: Thursday 30th April 2020
Time: 11:00 - 12:00