The Future Homes Hub have commissioned the Good Homes Alliance (GHA) to write an accompanying user guide to Approved Document Part O: Overheating, ready for June 15th 2022 when the regulation goes live in England.
The GHA will be using an authoring team that is well versed in the overheating debate in the form of Julie Godefroy, Susie Diamond and Richard Partington who between them have written numerous reports, guides and developed mitigation tools on the subject. The project will have a steering group that consists of leading experts in their field and user group representatives, including :
- Victoria Tink (DLUHC)
- Mitch Swainson (Building Research Establishment)
- David Adams (Future Homes Hub)
- Simon McClelland (Story Homes)
- Professor Kevin Lomas (Loughborough University)
- Danielle Michalska (Barratt Homes)
- Neil Murphy (Town)
- Clare Murray (Levitt Bernstein)
- Anastasia Mylona (CIBSE)
- Martina Pacifici (AHMM)
- Tessa Hurstwyn (Future Homes Hub)
- Dale Saunders (Taylor Wimpey)
The guide will build upon the work previously contained in well received reports written on the subject by GHA and the Zero Carbon Hub but will also focus on helping design teams and users achieve compliance with the new Part O regulation.