|Date: Tuesday 1st June||Time: 14:00-15:00||Location: Online (Zoom)|
Join Good Homes Alliance, GHA member Boulter Mossman and expert Tim Sharpe for a free-to-attend hour-long event to announce the launch of new Model Employer’s Requirements (ERs) and Design Brief Clauses.
The clauses are free-to-download and set minimum requirements for performance standards for energy (net zero), emissions, health, comfort and building performance evaluation.
The work has been funded by the MCS Charitable Foundation and carried out in collaboration with GHA, Boulter Mossman (Paul Ciniglio, Jim Allman) and Professor Tim Sharpe (independent consultant/University of Strathclyde), with input from our local authority and housing association members via a workshop.
New clauses for net zero, health & wellbeing and building performance evaluation
The new clauses can be adopted by clients (i.e. local authorities, RSLs) and included in Employer’s Requirements and Design Guides. The clauses principally intend to:
- Drive up standards by placing new build housing developments on a trajectory to net zero carbon and avoiding the need for retrofit work to be undertaken in future;
- Improve and enhance the comfort, health, well-being and satisfaction of occupants while additionally maintaining provision of affordable warmth; and
- Ensure that homes are built to perform in accordance with the design stage intentions (or better) by closing the ‘performance gap’.
The clauses provide minimum requirements set out as a performance specification which can be used in connection with both self-promoted and Section.106 developments, they should not be relied upon for any other purpose. Additionally, the clauses seek to clarify the responsibilities of designers and developers in satisfying the requirements.
Key information and booking
- Julian Brooks, Programmes Director, Good Homes Alliance
- Adrian Ramsey, CEO, MCS Charitable Foundation
- Paul Ciniglio, BM3e Principal, Boulter Mossman
- Jim Allman, Director, Boulter Mossman
- Prof. Tim Sharpe, independent consultant
Date: Tuesday 1st June
Location: Online (Zoom)
Registration fees: Free to attend, registration essential
Booking: Free registration via Eventbrite.
A few days before the event, registered attendees will receive an email directly from the GHA with further information and joining instructions.
Further information: Please contact Richard Broad, Projects & Communications Manager, GHA – email@example.com.