The Academy of Urbanism, Milton Keynes Council and MK Gallery are collaborating to deliver a special conference to feed into the debate on the Oxford-Cambridge Arc and the implications of the National Infrastructure Commission’s recommendations to build a million homes by 2050.
Day one includes an introduction to MK through a series of study tours that will look at how the city is being designed for living, as well as an evening drinks reception hosted at MK Gallery.
Day two offers talks and discussions that will look closely at the role of design in building a million homes across the arc. The day will be divided into three overarching sessions: planning for region growth; masterplanning new neighbourhoods, and housing innovation.
- Jennifer Keesmaat CEO, Keesmaat Group
- Former chief planning officer, City of Toronto
- Kit Malthouse MP – Minister of State for Housing
- Neil Murphy – Co-founder, TOWN
- Sue Riddlestone OBE – CEO, BioRegional
- Mattijs van Ruijven – Head of city planning, City of Rotterdam
- and many more…
Find out more at www.academyofurbanism.org.uk.
Discounted tickets are available for members of the Good Homes Alliance, which bring tickets to £100+VAT for one day or only £120+VAT for both days. Enter the promotional code “Partner_Discount” at the Eventbrite link below.